Thursday, January 15, 2009

My List

I have so much rolling around in my head right now. This is the list of projects I am working on or wanting to work on:

Project 365 – You take photo a day for each day of the year, then scrapbook a page per week using only a single photo per day. This sounds like a really cool idea but I am worried about the time it will take.

This blog – I’d love to spend more time on it and make it a little better.

My volunteer duties for the schools.

I’m trying to get to the gym as many days as possible.

I purchased a self paced online course in the fall for a program called ACDsee that I use to store my digital scrapbooking supplies. I have yet to actually do the course and my digi supplies are all over the place – very stressful for me.

Keeping in touch with friends and family.

All my unfinished paper scrapbook pages. I’ve got 8 sitting on my desk right now.

Scrapbook pages for November/December 2008. There are 8 of those on my desk too.

Eating healthy – not going so well so far.

My iPod Nano is full and I really need to organize my music so I’ve got what I really want on the Nano.

Books – those vampire novels are killin’ me (no pun intended!) right now. Plus, there are just so many good books out there I want to read.

I’ve also got a stack of magazines next to my chair that I’d like to read.

I made myself a scarf in the fall and would like to finish the hat and mitts to go along with it.

Keeping the house clean and my family fed.

Spending time with my family and really and truly enjoying them.

You will notice that 90% of this list is comprised of things I want to do and not things I really need to do. I am very much a project oriented person. I need to have things on the go or I’m bored and unhappy, but really? I think the list is a little long. And I’m quite confident I’ve missed out on a couple of things. I think my word for 2009 should be RELAX or even PRIORITZE. I am so grateful that my lifestyle allows me to have so many things I want to do on my list as opposed to things I must do.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know how many of these things I actually do. I can feel myself getting all worked up even as I write this. I really need to relax and chill out and decide what’s most important here.

For today, I’m going to tidy up the house, go to the gym, hit the LCBO for some Bailey’s and some wine (perhaps that will help me relax?) and work on those unfinished scrapbook pages. And think more about my Project 365 photos. I think that’s good for today, don’t you? Oh, and I will feed my family too!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

LOL! Is that the key to relaxing? Maybe I need to take up drinking, lol!
That is a long list, but a great one. I'm so happy to see Project 365 on there. Have you started taking the pictures yet?