Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring Concert

Last night we attended Meredith’s first Spring Concert at her new school. We knew she was in the Grade 6 Band (flute) and we knew she was in the choir.


What we didn’t know was that she was 1 of only 3 girls in the choir.

Yes, you read that right – 3 girls in the choir.

3 girls in total.

No boys.

No other girls.

Just 3 girls - all from her Grade 6 class.


They sang a song thanking the volunteers. I so wish I had videotaped it, but I just wasn’t ready. And by the time I realized it, it was too late.

The three of them did a great job. An amazing job. A stupendous job.

I’m proud of them all, but as Meredith’s mother, I’m particularly proud of her for getting up there and doing it. This is the kid who doesn’t participate enough in class. This is the kid who struggled in Grade 4 to say her speech in front of her class. This is the kid who used to get nervous doing presentations in class.

I’m so proud of her, I can barely stand it. She did a great job.

I just can’t believe she didn’t tell me ahead of time.


Go figure.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

way to go Meredith. Bad mommy! LOL!
I usually forget to bring along the vidoe camera too. I remembered on Wednesday though.

nicola said...

YAY Meredith!! We're proud of you too honey!!!