Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Year In Our Ordinary Life


I really enjoyed my Project 365 albums that I did in 2009,2010 and 2011, but I found it affected my photo taking and my scrapbooking in ways I’m not sure I did like.
When I was doing my P365, I found when I took photos, I was more focused on getting that one shot that represented the day and I lost sight of the bigger picture. (No pun intended!) I used to take my photos with a scrapbook page in mind. But with the P365, I was just taking a handful which didn’t leave me with enough to choose from for regular layout. I know my scrapbooking is going to change as my children get older. It’s going to move from event based pages to pages that are more about our life and what happens on a day to day basis. Pages that let them know how much they mean to me. I don’t want to lose that in the flurry of 365 pages. Instead of doing complete layouts I was focused on putting together the 365 pages without writing down the details that accompanied those photos. I love the 365 format but that one single sentence isn’t enough to adequately convey the details of our life.
I did the P365 album for 3 years in a row and now it’s time to change it up. Instead I’m doing an album called A Year in Our Ordinary Life. I downloaded the template as a bonus when I purchased Computer Tricks for Scrapbookers. (A great publication, by the way!) Each month of the year will have a dedicated double page layout with 15 photos that most accurately portray our month. I’ve completed January through May so far.









I’m not sure what I’m going to do for 2013. The idea of the Project Life album certainly appeals to me but I have heard that it is a lot of work. But I'll figure that out when I get through 2012!!!




3 comments:

Barbara said...

everytime I see your P365 pages I regret not following through with mine. Great job.

Your husband said...

...was here.

Unknown said...

Thanks Milena. I would love to talk to you about art journals anytime.