Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Use Your Stuff Weekly Challenge

Normally I am the queen of the easy scrapbook page. I like to get to it and get it done. However, I love the look of pages with a more artistic feel. When Barb told us that this week’s challenge was to add texture, my first response was to do the page digitally. Which I did.


 
 
I thought about it a little more and decided I really should be a bit more creative and do my page the dirty old fashioned way. I love the look of all the multi media art projects out there and figured this was a good way to start. I had no idea what I was doing. I gathered up some supplies and misted my paper, put some of my Glass Beads Texture Gel in a bowl, added a bit more mist and swirled it all together.
The photo for this page was taken in 2009 and the smiles on my girls faces perfectly sums up the differences in their personalities!! Here’s my finished page:
 
 
Thanks for the challenge Barb. I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I love both pages!!
I need to check out that glass bead texture gel. It looks cool.

Unknown said...

Two pages! you rock Ms.M. I really do love the digital page with all it's layers. Fabulous job with texture :)